What is Non-Surgical Rejuvenation?
Non-surgical Rejuvenation consists of a wide variety of minimally invasive products and services that allow patients to improve their appearance without surgery. It is a great starting point for those who are new to rejuvenation and don’t want the cost and downtime that’s usually associated with going under the knife.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 15.7 million people got some form of non-surgical rejuvenation in 2017. The top 5 procedures are:
- Soft tissue fillers
- Chemical peels
- Laser hair removal
Non-surgical rejuvenation is not just for women – many men are discovering and taking advantage of the multiple benefits that minimally invasive cosmetic procedures have to offer. From removing unwanted hair, to shaving off years – or even decades – of wrinkles and age spots, there are a wide variety of procedures that can help you look and feel your best.
Dr. Adams offers many great non-surgical products and treatments in Dallas in the following categories:
An injectable is a product that is injected via a sterile needle into your skin. The pain is usually very minimal (if any at all), the procedure is performed in an outpatient setting, and you can return to your normal activities as soon as you leave the clinic. The duration of results can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months or longer. Click here for more about injectables.
- Botox – Is a drug that’s prepared from a bacterial toxin botulin and rendered medically safe. It is injected into the face to temporarily smooth the skin and lessen the appearance of wrinkles. There is no down time or recovery after Botox has been administered.
- Fillers – Facial fillers consist of products that are designed to reduce or eliminate wrinkles, raise scar depressions, enhance lips, and replace soft-tissue loss that has occurred over time. They are made out of collagen, hyaluronic acid, and hydroxyl apatite and will give a much more youthful appearance to your skin. Fillers are often used in conjunction with Botox to lengthen the amount of time before retreats are needed.
Your skin is one of the first body parts to show signs of aging. Age spots, wrinkles, and saggy skin can combine to make you look much older than we really are. Fortunately, there are many non-invasive procedures that can be performed to effectively tighten facial skin, lessen age lines, and postpone the need for surgery. If you want your skin to look its very best, there are several non-surgical options available:
- Glytone Chemical Peels – Chemical peels have come a long way since their introduction in the 1990’s. The formulas have been refined to the point where the entire procedure is relatively painless. They can peel away years of dead skin cells, which instantly encourage collagen production and a more youthful skin appearance.
- TEOXANE – Is a line of skin care products that reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and age-related sagging. It can also help improve skin tone, rough textures, and even dryness.
- Micro-Needling – Can significantly help improve the look of scars or boost collagen. In this procedure, a very fine short needle is inserted into the skin. This in turn stimulates the natural collagen production processes which will plump the skin and make it look more radiant and luminous.
Our skin (and certain sensitive body parts) tends to loosen as we age. For those who have recently lost a lot of weight (eg: pregnancy), they can be left with a lot of sagging skin. There are various skin tightening procedures available to tighten the skin and rejuvenate your appearance.
Non-surgical skin tightening works in general by applying heat to the deeper layers of skin which in turn stimulates collagen and elastin production. Over time skin tone and texture will improve. There are several FDA-approved skin tightening procedures on the market and each one uses a unique mechanism to achieve the desired results.
- Thermi-Tight – This procedure is done in an out-patient setting over the course of 1-2 hours. It can help tighten the skin on any part of the body by using a tiny probe that delivers radio frequency energy right below the surface of the skin. It can be used on the thighs, breasts, tummy, and neck.
- ThermiSmooth – This procedure can help reduce the appearance of sagging skin, wrinkles, and cellulite. It works by using radiofrequency which in turn heats the skin and causes it to smooth and tighten. It is an out-patient procedure and there is no downtime or recovery.
- ThermiVa – Vaginal Tightening is one of the most popular procedures amongst women who want to reclaim what aging or child birth has taken away. The ThermiVa procedure uses radiofrequency energy to heat and stimulate the tissue. This in turn stimulates collagen production. It is usually performed over the course of a 3 month period.
View our photo gallery for Before and After Pictures of Fillers and Skin Care.